Last Modified: October 26, 2018
2. Information Collected
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed or otherwise anonymized.
Personal Information Collected Voluntarily Provided
Personal Information Automatically Collected
Whenever you use our Website, we may collect non-identifying information from you, such as your IP address, interactions with the Website, query information, location information, pricing data, research history, location and GPS information, referring URL, browser, application interaction, mobile provider information, operating system, data usage, data transferred, and Internet Service Provider.
We ask you to share your location information from your mobile device and/or computer. If you choose not to, the Website will not function properly. We may also determine location by using other data from your device, such as precise location information from GPS, information about wireless networks or cell towers near your mobile device, or your IP address. Location information is used to make relevant notifications available to you and to analyze for purposes of improving the Website. You can revoke your consent by changing the settings or preferences on your browser and/or your device/computer or by refraining from further access of the Website.
Cookies are small data file identifiers that are transferred to your computer that allow us to recognize your browser and transfer information about you and your use of our Website. For example, cookies that we use tell us information about how you use the Website. We use "persistent" cookies to save your login information for future logins to the Website. We also use "session ID" cookies to enable certain features of the Website, to better understand how you interact with the Website, and to monitor aggregate usage by users and web traffic routing on the Website. You can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from our Sites. If you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use all portions of the Services or all functionality of the Services.
3. Anonymized Data
Please be aware that we me may collect and aggregate personal information from our Website and may anonymize that information for our own research or internal purposes. Once such data has been anonymized, it cannot be traced back to you, the user.
4. Sharing and Use of Your Information
This section explains how we plan on sharing and using your personal information. You consent to our use of your personal information for the following purposes:
- Contract Administration. We may use your personal information to: (1) negotiate, execute, renew and/or manage a contract with you; (2) process billing, quotes, license requests, or other information transactions and payments related thereto; and/or (3) communicate with you in respect of the above (including sending legal notifications).
- Access and Communications to Our Website and Services. We may use your personal information to: (1) set-up and manage your Website account; (2) interact with you through the Website (e.g. updates, Website announcements, etc.): and/or (3) manage and respond to your questions (e.g. technical, commercial or administrative) or requests for maintenance and support.
- Use of the Website. We may use your personal information to: (1) enable you to enjoy the use of, and easily navigate the Website; and/or (2) better understand your needs and interests. The legal basis is Art. 6(1)(f) of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”).
- Sharing with Third Parties. We may use your personal information to share with our partner companies or future affiliates for research, marketing, and other purposes. We may also share your information service providers with whom we contract with such as contractors, web hosts, data providers and others so that we may provide you any services and allow you to access the Website.
- Allowing Downloads from the Website. We may use your Personal Information to allow you download data or content from the Website.
- Training and Improvements. We may use your personal information to: (1) train our members, employees, joint venturers, contractors, or customers to allow for a better Website experience; and/or (2) improve the Website.
- Direct Marketing and Inquiries. We may use your personal information to contact you for additional products and services that you may be interested in or to respond to an inquiry.
- Information Third-Parties Provide About You. We may receive information from other businesses or users about you. For example, when other users submit a Company inquiry or create a Website account they may include your information in such.
- Geo-fencing. We or our service providers may deliver ads to your device when you are in certain geographic locations. This type of targeted advertising is referred to as “geo-fencing” or “geo-targeting.” Geo-fencing works by placing a “fence” around a certain geographic (“geo”) location. When you go inside that fence or target area, we or our service providers may serve you specific ads based on you being in that target area. With geo-fencing we do not continuously, periodically, or intermittently track your precise location. The geo location of your device will, however, be provided to us or one of our service partners when you enter the target area, and we may also be provided other non-personally identifiable information. Geo-fencing monitors an area and sends notifications either to an app you have on your mobile device or directly to us or our service providers when the boundary is crossed, either in or out. Those apps use this location information to process status updates only if you have geo-location enabled on your mobile device. We will not target you with ads based on your geo-location unless we believe you have provided consent to do so. If you want to limit or prevent location data from being collected from your device you can adjust this capability through your browser and/or device settings. Please refer to your applicable device settings for instructions on how to manage your location settings.
- Segments. We use the information we acquire from the Website to deliver ads to the most relevant recipients. For example, we may use personally identifiable information and non-personally identifiable information to develop audience segments, or groupings of individuals with common interests or characteristics, and deliver ads to the individuals within a segment, or to the websites frequented by users of a particular segment, that we determine are relevant to that segment. So, for example, if you are a student, we may deliver ads for school course offerings or financial aid. Segments may be based on demographic characteristics such as age and gender, geographic area, and other categories derived from various information, including information provided within the Website.
5. Retention of Personal Information
We will only retain your Personal Information for as long as required. We will keep your personal information:
- For any legally required duration.
- Until we no longer have a valid reason to keep or use your personal information. We retain the personal information we collect for so long as reasonably necessary to fulfill the purposes for which the information was collected, to perform our contractual and legal obligations, and for any applicable statute of limitations periods for the purposes of bringing and defending claims.
- Until we receive a request to eliminate, delete, or modify any of your personal information stored with us.
6. Legal Basis for Processing Information
Your information collected through the Website may be stored and processed in the United States, Canada, or any other country in which Company or its subsidiaries, affiliates, or service providers maintain facilities. We may transfer information that we collect about you, including personal information, to affiliated entities, or to other third-parties across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world. We process and use your personal information, where required by law, for the following purposes:
- consistent with your consent, which you can revoke at any time;
- as necessary to comply with our legal obligations;
- occasionally to protect your vital interests, or those of others;
- as necessary in the public interest; and
- as necessary for our (or others') legitimate interests, including our interests in providing a safe and profitable services to our users and partners.
7. Accessing and Editing Your Information
When using our Website, you may be able to access and edit some of your personal information via the Website account settings. If at any time, you have any questions or wish to review, change, or edit any additional personal information collected by us, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. Google Maps Integration
The Website uses Google Maps APIs for the purpose of providing better service. By using our Google Maps API implementation, you agree to be bound by Google’s Terms of Service, available here. You agree to allow us to obtain or cache your location. You may revoke your consent at anytime. We use information about location in conjunction with data from other providers.
9. Removal of Information
If you wish to have any of your personal information stored within the Website removed, please contact us at email@example.com. Please be aware that removal requests are not processed instantaneously. There may be a reasonable delay in removing any personal information requested. You may make a removal request by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you require additional details regarding the deletion or retention of your personal information please contact us. All removal or deletion requests are subject to Section 6 herein and subject to any applicable laws. Additionally, we will retain and use your personal information (even after a removal or deletion request), where required, so that we may fulfill our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
11. Opting Out and Do Not Track
If you decide to provide us with your contact information, you agree that we may send you communications via text and email where you have consented. However, you may opt out of any communications and you may opt out of certain personal information submission where applicable. If you wish to opt out of certain communications or information collection, please contact us at email@example.com.
We currently do not offer Website functionality for you to opt out of any “do not track” signals or listings.
12. Third Parties
13. Security Measures
We make reasonable attempts to protect your information by using physical and electronic safeguards in accordance with industry standards. However, as the Website is hosted electronically we can make no guarantees as to the security or privacy of your information. For this reason, we recommend that you use anti-virus software, routine credit checks, robust passwords, firewalls, and other precautions to protect yourself from security and privacy threats.
14. Your California Privacy Rights
15. Age Compliance
We intend to fully comply with American and international laws respecting children’s privacy. Therefore, we do not collect or process any information for any persons under the age of 18. If you are under 18 you are prohibited from accessing the Website.
16. Transfer of Your Information to the United States
Please be aware that if you are located outside of the United States, your personal information shall be transferred and processed in the United States. These data transfers are necessary to provide the Website to you. Where we transfer your Personal Information outside of the European Economic Area we may utilize standard contract clauses, the Swiss-US Privacy Shield, and other data protection mechanisms approved by the European Commission.
17. Merger and Acquisition
In the event that Company is involved in a bankruptcy, merger, acquisition, reorganization, or sale of assets, your personal information may be sold or transferred as part of that transaction. Please be aware that once the information is transferred your privacy rights may change.
19. Contacting Us
If you have any additional questions, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org